[Diy_efi] Effect of detonation on measured mixture?

Shawn Fogg sfogg at attglobal.net
Fri Apr 26 21:51:04 GMT 2002

Bruce,

"it's still way behind a CNP."

Most BMWs are CNP actually... though not my engine.

"you normally have to leave the plug gap at like .035" or slightly less for reliable ignition (it's DIS also).  In some experimenting today, I doubled that, with my CNP and things are fine <G>."

Sounds good... though I suspect you are running a *smidge* more boost then me.... I'm running 8psi.

I haven't had any non-detonation misfires so I do think my ignition system is working fine at the level I'm running.

Shawn