[Diy_efi] Why do some EFI systems use a cold start injector?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Apr 27 01:07:20 GMT 2002

I have heard that pre 89 gm tpi systems used injectors which were less responsive in
low voltage conditions (read during cranking, especially when cold).  The story
continued to indicate that the removal of the cold start injector went hand in hand
with, and was possible because of, gm's switch to a different type of injector in
89.

I wonder if you might know what design (pintle, disc, ???) injectors the toyotas in
question are using?

Shannen