[Diy_efi] Effect of detonation on measured mixture?

Shawn Fogg sfogg at attglobal.net
Sat Apr 27 02:10:58 GMT 2002

Bruce,

"> I haven't had any non-detonation misfires so I do think my ignition system
is working fine at the level I'm running.

Well, without anything to compare it to, how can you say that?."

The DME measures acceleration of the crankshaft between cylinder firings and will trigger faults, which pinpoint the cylinder, if if detects an acceleration difference between them due to a misfire. If it is actively retarding timing from knock sensor activity it will not log these faults.

Also, the throttle response is pretty much identical to how it was before I put the Eaton on the engine.

Shawn