[Diy_efi] O2 sensor sensitivy speed

Henning Baldersheim balder at captech.no
Sat Apr 27 02:10:19 GMT 2002

At 17:41 26.04.2002, you wrote:

>Henning Baldersheim wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I am looking for specifications on the different O2 sensors around.
> > Are there any good place to start ?
> > Since you are using the Honda sensor I might start there. Any specs
> somewhere ?
> >
> > Especially I am wondering how fast they react. Would an O2 sensor placed
> > early in the collector be able to see the difference between the
> cylinders ?
>
>Yes, it can show individual cylinder events.
>
> > So that by you can tune each injector individually.
>That might be much more difficult.  How would you synchronize each "pulse"
>of the O2
>output with a specific cylinder?

My initial thought would be to place the sensor so early in the exhaust
stream that you are able to calculate it based on rpm/map and travel
distance. You would have to have them so close that there would be no room
for a second pulse from the same cylinder. Of course it would be the
simplest if the pulse reached the sensor before the next one fired at any rpm.
I am not sure if this is practically possible, but If you are able to see
separate pulses on the sensor it sounds that it should be possible at least
up to a certain rpm point.