[Diy_efi] LS1

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Sun Apr 28 00:34:09 GMT 2002

Go check out SLP engineering.  They're the ones responsible for GM's factory
hotrodding of the LS1 in the camaro.

--Perry

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 10:00:21PM +0100, William Shurvinton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> GM list appears down still, so please excuse posting here. I'm trying to get
> some leads for a friend here in UK who owns a Holden commodore HSV GTS. In
> English that means it has an LS1. 1999 spec. Looks as far as we can tell
> just like USA LS1 except for different plenum cover and none of that nasty
> messy EGR stuff. Anyway being a red blooded type he's not happy with 340ish
> BHP and 11.9 1/4 times he wants a tad more out of the engine. Problem being
>
> 1. Here in UK we don't really 'know' about the LS1. Sure guys can sell you
> bits, but.....................
>
> 2. We really don't know the differences between USA and Australian spec
> engines
>
> 3. Noone appears to have cracked those pesky new ECUs properly yet, but they
> seem to run everything in the car, so it doesn't seem possible to just slam
> in a 730 and get on with it.
>
> Soooo. Wondering if anyone out there, maybe who has played with the Z06 got
> any pointers.
>
> Bill

Perry Harrington             Linux rules all OSes.               APSoft      ()
perry at apsoft dot com 			                 Think Blue. /\

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin