[Diy_efi] Traction control strategy (solution offered)

marko.cosic marko.cosic at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 30 19:46:02 GMT 2002

> The engine management has knock capability but it is ECU dependant. The
ECU
> we are using doesn't have Knock from the factory. Why?

When you want the power cut, send a little 0.5 to 1v "knock" down the knock
sensing line, ECU sees "knock", retards timing, cuts power, wheels stop
slipping. I guess the problem with this would be the ECU take too long to
bring the timing back to stock again following "knock"? OTOH, a 1/2 second
it takes to 'ramp' the timing back may be jsut what you need?

Given me an(other!) idea to play with on the Rover anyhow...

--
Marko
Land-Rovers; Rover 820 Turbo