[Diy_efi] higher pressure pumps for water injection

Eric Fahlgren eric.fahlgren at mscsoftware.com
Thu Aug 1 12:32:33 GMT 2002

Chris Conlon wrote:

> Here is a link to a pump that supposedly goes up over 200 psi, though
> the flow rate at that pressure *might* be a bit low for a 2JZ-GTE or
> other like engine.

No, it's plenty big, the number is in GPM (minute not hour), so it
can pump 8lb/gal * 2gpm * 60min/hr = 960 lb/hr of water.  Consider
that you want maybe from 5:1 to 3:1 fuel to water (look in Ricardo
for more [don't we always say that?]), you typically only need the
same flow as a single fuel injector on a 4, 5 or 6 cylinder motor.