[Diy_efi] sequential injection timing

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Thu Aug 1 13:15:31 GMT 2002

Sorry for delay. Been trying (and failing) to get the answers you need.

http://hometown.aol.com/dvandrews/kengine.htm is the best single site =
for showing some of the ins and outs of how daft people will go for an =
extra 10HP. Dave is considered to be one of the best head porters in the =
UK, at least for 4-pot engines. One of the highest HP K series out there =
is one of his and has only blown up twice IIRC. (aside: said owner of =
said 250BHP monster now limits to 8300RPM on the track to preserve his =
engine as he cannot afford to destroy it. IMHO this constitutes losing =
the plot)

Dyno runs on these cars are almost exlusively done by Dave Walker at =
Emerald. He uses a Sun rolling road and does full coast down =
compensation to come up with the quoted power figures. He tends to view =
injector timing as an emissions issue and nothing to do with power if =
you read his books and articles. He is also willing to try most things =
to see if they help.=20

Bill