[Diy_efi] sequential injection timing

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Aug 1 21:20:11 GMT 2002

Optimising to me is for a car to do it's best under all conditions.
Round here we only have 2 fuel types a year, and generally is a small
change, but I'm hoping have the MAT corrections pretty much take care of
that, since the fuel changes are seasonal, and will in large reflect that.
  Peak torque and HP are performance modes, not mileage ones, so they are
wasteful, the thing is not to use excessive gas, since that would hurt tor
and HP.
  To keep things within reason, wear from use prolly will revolve a small
lose of ring sealing, so you might have to reduce the timing a couple
degrees, but if the tune is right, engine wear should be min., tunewise, you
might drive it harder more often but that's *you* and not a function of the
tune.
  If you cal allows for weather type compensations, then it should be self
correcting for them, if it doesn't then you'll have to do other chips, but
that's just the game you've elected to play.
Bruce