[Diy_efi] TCCS 6801 ROM extraction

SIMON HART SIMON.HART at mira.co.uk
Fri Aug 2 09:03:33 GMT 2002

Not 100% sure but the 6801 is the only device I have found that matches the
position of the power rails and the xtal i.e. vss pin 1 vcc pin 7, xtal
pins2,3 etc. None of the other 40 pin micro's match, including 8051, PIC,
68HC11 etc. even the 6800, 6803 dont match, but I havent checked the hitachi
vaersions of the 6801 i.e. HD6301.
Isnt there a way of writing some code in an external EPROM that will read
out the internal ROM? I think some of the GM ecu's have 6801 with masked ROM
have a look here: http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/spit.html  also try here
http://www.diy-efi.org/diy_efi/archive/1997-October/msg00583.html it must be
possible to do so that they can test the uC after it has been produced.

The MR-2 ecu is located in the boot behind the trim panel next to the engine
bay u need a 10mm socket from what i remember, to remove the trim panel you
push the center of the round trim clips in then lever them out.