[Diy_efi] Early Gasoline Fuel Injection

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 4 17:56:06 GMT 2002

Wasn't it also used on German 'U' boats along with sequenced
full load cylinder cycling, double ended headless bores
and water injection - around 1941 ?

EFI was mostly feasible due to power transistors - not to
microprocessors (although they help a great deal with precision),

There are a few analog only EFI systems, the analog processing
could have been done shortly after the first germanium
transistors - but it was only due to driver transistors which
could operate solenoids at any sort of rate (and cost) before
EFI controllers started to become really viable - micros are
a sensible and logical progression from perspective of implementing
algorithmic complexity etc,

rgds

mike