[Diy_efi] WB controller

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sun Aug 4 18:25:33 GMT 2002

On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 00:59:12 Mike <erazmus at iinet.net.au> writes:
> At 12:41 PM 4/8/1995 -0400, you wrote:

> OK, as in the Honda thingo, which I thought was getting old hat
> by now, surely its not hard to rig up an amp/driver for this sensor

Turns out this sensor needs a little more than an amp to be useful.
Feedback systems, calibration, linearizion, and appropriate
displays are all needed.  While none of this is show stopping
to anyone in electronics, getting all the design requirements
written down took some research time.

> so a dedicated controller would be available off the shelf
> from several outlets, yeah definitely more time/cost effective
> to use an off the shelf then design a controller

That is getting to be the case.  But a couple years ago the
off-the-shelf stuff had kilobuck price tags, whereas last year
you could put together something yourself for a few dozen dollars.

Bruce Roe