[Diy_efi] Intro and Questions...

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Mon Aug 5 23:52:10 GMT 2002

"Dave Gallant, 12 Point Racing" wrote:

> My question is I am somewhat stuck on how I might go about displaying my
> injector pulse width in some useable (real time would be nice) format. I
> would love to be able to relate the pulse width to my computer/pda something
> in a "millisecond" format, and this sounds like there would be some analogue
> to digital conversion required here. Any products that can do this other
> than just using an oscilloscope? Thoughts or ideas?

There's a project on www.diy-efi.org that consists of a PIC and a LCD,
which will display injector pulsewidth and duty cycle %.  There's source
code and schematics, and I think you could make one for less than $20
and a bit of spare time.

Or, a lot of DMMs (even the cheap ones) have a duty cycle setting.  If
you know RPM then you can convert PW% to on-time.

Brian