[Diy_efi] Re: Fuel Pump PWM

Jerry Wills jswills at attbi.com
Tue Aug 6 07:57:00 GMT 2002

> The amount of compressibility practically is going to be tied to how
> much rubber hose you have and how many bubbles are in there.  The
> steel line and the liquid are not going to be significant with any
> kind of flow.  I doubt propagation time down the line is either, but
> increasing the amount of rubber and vapor in the path IS.

> Bruce Roe

Another part of this is the fuel line size. Pressure rise is one thing,
but you need a proportional increase in flow as well and you don't want
to add any undo resistance to burden the pump. Time for control theory,
else in may oscillate in a variety of ways. I would think that WOT in
first gear will be WCS, as blipping the throttle at idle won't pose
enough load to show how lean the system runs with the quick rise in
RPMs.

Jerry Wills