[Diy_efi] F/V for logging a tach signal

Steve Hutson acomp at websurf.net
Tue Aug 6 17:17:30 GMT 2002

Does anyone know how to convert a kettering? (- coil) signal to a variable
voltage? I would like to use this to log RPM with a DataQ 194. I'm currently
using 2 logging devices (ECU-RPM, TPS), and DataQ-WB02) and their time lines
to sync the two. I have to convert everything to Excel and overlay it.
DataQ. It would REALLY simplify matters if I could connect all three to the
DataQ and get rid of everything else. Any help will be appreciated.

Here is a link I found... but I have NO idea how to design a circuit that
would support this device. It seems like it might be fairly easy, but
ignorance IS bliss.
http://www.analog.com/productSelection/pdf/AD650_c.pdf

Happy, happy, happy :o)
Steve