[Diy_efi] CIS EFI via Fuel Pump PWM

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 7 04:52:47 GMT 2002

At 11:39 PM 5/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Erm, how will it take time to build up? Unless a "long" length of rubber
>hose is used, it will be instant.

No - instant is not very likely, what does that mean micro seconds ?

You are forgetting the rotational
inertia of the pump rotor... and the propensity for the fuel pressure
regulator to oscillate during a step change in flow/pressure, most outlets
of high pressure fuel pumps have a damper - mostly for the injectors
but also of value in reducing fuel pressure diaphragm flutter...

rgds

mike

 There might be an issue with dynamic flow,