[Diy_efi] Re: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #231 - 12 msgs

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 8 16:31:43 GMT 2002

Yeah thats what I'm aiming for, the pump for my current VL straight
six turbo is capable of better then 60psi sustained load and I've
been working on a SMPS driver for the pump and proportional
control valve to replace the mechanical pressure regulator since
I get injector's maxing out at around 10.5psi boost - but it goes
like the wind :-)

Thats far easier for me then modulating pump pressure output, since
I have the existing ECU to do the normal stuff,

rgds

mike

At 05:34 PM 8/8/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>Gents,
>Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't you get better performance,
faster response and more accurate control if you used a pump capable of a
pressure greater than the highest you are likely to require and an
electronically controllable/variable pressure regulator with a return line?

From: Mike <erazmus at iinet.net.au>