[Diy_efi] Re: CIS EFI via Fuel Pump PWM

Kenny Bauman kennybauman at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 8 17:13:10 GMT 2002

Not sure I understand the 100:1 range needed of the
pump.

Perhaps you can clarify?

The CIS injectors only see a range of 45 to 60 psi
during operation. I think some of the dynamic range is
handled by the PWM effect of the injectors themselves.
Remember they have a spring loaded valve that
constantly closes and opens. Sort of a mechanical PWM
that changes with pressure. Which of course changes
flow. But I really don't have that good of an
understanding of it all.

I think part of the original intent has been lost over
the posts. The orginal idea was a dead nuts simple
system that did away with the fuel regulator and
return line.

Ken Bauman

Message: 2