[Diy_efi] variable-frequency MAP/MAF sensors questions

Sergio Alejandro Gonzalez sagonzal at fi.mdp.edu.ar
Tue Aug 13 13:58:48 GMT 2002

Dear DIY Folks:

I am new to the list and. I'am currently involved in a project were we=20
control a stepper motor in order to change the AFR in natural gas fed=20
combustion engines.
My question is regarding variable-frequency MAP/MAF sensors found in many=20
OEM systems:

Which are the max and min frequency ?
Does anyone has the specs or datasheets of these sensors ? (greatly=20
appreciated)
Variable-frequency MAP/MAF are used in what OEM manufacturers ?
Frequency MAF sensor use the karman vortex principle of operation, but=20
Frequency MAP, what principle use or they just translate analog to frequency=
 ?

OK- Let me introduce myself since I'm very new to the list.  I am a MS-EE=20
at Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, I'am currently working in my Phd=
=20
degree right here in the LIC (Laboratorio de Instrumentaci=F3n y Control).=
=20
I'am involved in many power electronics projects and my area of expertise=20
is ee in general and embedded control systems, Texas and ADI DSPs and=20
Mircochip microcontrollers.

Thanks a lot in advance and very best regards...

	Eng. Sergio Alejandro Gonzalez
	e-mail : sagonzal at fi.mdp.edu.ar
	Facultad de Ingenier=EDa - Laboratorio de Instrumentaci=F3n y Control=20
Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata
	Ave. Juan B. Justo 4302
	Mar del Plata, Bs.As.
	Argentina.