[Diy_efi] switch mode replacement for to-220 7805?

md4etal md4etal at netzero.net
Thu Aug 15 17:31:55 GMT 2002

there is a version of a National Semiconductors LM338 that is a TO220
package, and passes a lot of current to boot.  Depending upon which version
of 7805, you are limited to 100-500 milliamps.  LM350 is another one.

TO220 is a standard size.  To go smaller is to give up power dissapation and
current rating.

Mike Dekutoski.