[Diy_efi] extending wires on FJO WB? (honda sensor)

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Sun Aug 18 14:22:20 GMT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:06:24 -0400, "Justin Starkey @ VMP"
<justinv6 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>My FJO wideband has 7 wires going to the controller and 5 for the =
sensor, I
>need to extend the wiring harness, whats the deal with the 2 brown =
wires?

I would get ahold of Fred at FJO and ask him directly what he recommends
for extending the harness. Two of those 5 wires need to be heavier
conductors to handle the heater current which is in the 'amps' range.
Because the pigtail on the sensor is short, they can get away with using
the same guage on all the wires, but when you make long cords, you NEED
to have the heater wires heavier gauge to prevent IR drops in the lines.
Those two "extra" wires coming from the sensor connector are the wires
that pickup the "Cal R" resistor that's embedded in the connector. The
=46JO box needs these wires to correct somewhat for the mfg. variations
from sensor to sensor. You need to include ALL 7 wires in any extension
cord you make.

HTH,
Gar