[Diy_efi] Motec PLM

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Aug 20 21:39:23 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Schaffer Klaus Maria" <schaffer at vkmb.tu-graz.ac.at>
Two weeks ago I got the PCB and the parts kit from OZ_DIY-WB. After
soldering, all electrical and the clean air test were positive, and I'm now
installing the UEGO-PCB in the race car of a friend of mine. Our next race
is at sunday and I tend to install the LA3 also to the engine. We are using
a MOTEC M4 on our VW 2.0lt NA-engine and I will logging both signals DIY-WB
and LA3 parallel. So, next week I hope I can publish an interesting
Excel-sheet ;-).
The better way for testing the DIY-WB at stationary conditions will be at my
test stand, but till october I'm testing a diesel-engine and with this I
can't go under a Lambda of 1.05 (and at this load point I have a smoke# of
6.5 ;-). Later I have to drive a single cylinder SI-engine and with this I
can do another tests.

Please maintain mentioning specifically which one your using.
The OZ_WB is not to be confused with the original one.
I find it interesting that while they supply one IC in the their kit they
suggest getting a more expensive chip, as a sample from the chip
manufacturer.   While not maybe illegal, I just see it as poor form.   And
the other chips supplied are the ones with the worst operating temp range.
Again, if it goes to dodo, in a car parked in the sun, don't be surprised.

Yes, and I still don't condon piracy
Bruce