AW: [Diy_efi] Motec PLM

Schaffer Klaus Maria schaffer at vkmb.tu-graz.ac.at
Wed Aug 21 21:00:11 GMT 2002

> Please maintain mentioning specifically which one your using.
> The OZ_WB is not to be confused with the original one.
> I find it interesting that while they supply one IC in the=20
> their kit they
> suggest getting a more expensive chip, as a sample from the chip
> manufacturer.   While not maybe illegal, I just see it as=20
> poor form.   And
> the other chips supplied are the ones with the worst=20
> operating temp range.
> Again, if it goes to dodo, in a car parked in the sun, don't=20
> be surprised.

I changed the cheesy IC sockets they provided to quality ones and =
exchanged the LM324 and CD4066 to LM2902 and 74HC066.
They send me the LM1086 instead of LM317. Which is the one that should =
be a manufacturer sample?=20

> Yes, and I still don't condon piracy

Normally me too, but in february my start was to send an ordering-email =
to the guy who organized a group buy of parts last year, but never get =
an answer. Then I read that some people send money via paypal and =
haven't got a kit, so I start to search at my standard suppliers here in =
Europe (RS, Farnell, Conrad) - found only 90% of the parts, and cause =
the minimum packages I have to buy oodles of different 1% resistors. =
Then I read about the OZ thing and ...

Just now I saw that there is another group buy - the price difference is =
$10,- maybe $15,- considering the cheap parts. Ok - I think they will =
not get very rich with this work. =20

> Bruce

In principle thanks to the designer(s) of the DIY-WB. I thought 2 years =
about designing an evaulation circuit for WB-Lambda sensor but I'm a =
mechanical engineer; analog in - linearisation - analog out with an =
embedded =B5P that's the maximum what I am able to do. Ion pump cell =
supply with positive and negative current -- uiuiui.=20

			--- so long ---, klaus.

 dipl. ing. klaus maria schaffer
 Institute of Internal Combustion Engines & Thermodynamics
 University of Technology, Graz - Austria
 A-8010 GRAZ, Kopernikusgasse 24/II
 email: schaffer at vkma.tu-graz.ac.at
 phone: +43-316-873-7724
 fax:   +43-316-873-7712