[Diy_efi] Fuel Regulators

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 23 18:02:46 GMT 2002

At 07:38 PM 21/8/2002 +1000, you wrote:

>The configuration with the regulator directly after the pump was used in a
>production road car in Australia (VL Commodore), I assume there was a second
>regulator but never really understood the purpose of the first one after the
>pump.

<cough> *no* ! That 'thing' after the pump is a fuel damper to absorbe
pulses from the pump so they don't upset the injectors, it has no
regulation function at all... There is only the one regulator on the
fuel rail - I have a VLT 3.0L running 10.5psi and that little damper
seems to be less effective then an alternator with all diodes working
properly ;)

The details about the damper and regulator etc are in the factory
workshop manual - if you like, you can remove the damper and you
will note very little difference except at low idle and slowest
cruise in top gear...

Rgds

mike