[Diy_efi] Fixed frequency PWM batch mode FI

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 23 18:02:30 GMT 2002

For what its worth,

My 3L Turbo straight six has a Bosch ECU, hot wire afm, port injection,
factory built in 1986 and has been running really well with Bosch 4-point
spark plugs and runs 10.5psi boost T3 Garrett (factory was 7psi)
on 96 octane unleaded (they call it 'premium' over here) and here
is a typed paste from the factory workshop on this subject:-

I quote from page 6C-5 'VL Series Service Manual Supplement'

"With many early fuel injection systems, fuel was injected into the
inlet port just prior to the beginning of the intake stroke. This is
not the case with the Electronic Combustion Control System (ECCS).
All fuel injectors are electronically to the control unit so they
all inject simultaneously. Therefore fuel injection is made independently
of the engine stroke cycle.
With the ECCS, injection is made once every engine crankshaft revolution,
after the control unit receives information regarding crankshaft position
from the crank angle sensor.
One injection of fuel provides only half the required quantity necessary
for the operation of the 4-stroke cycle of the engine, therefore injection
is made twice during one 4-stroke cycle, ie. Once every engine revolution.
Fuel in this system is not injected directly into the cylinder, but is
injected into the intake ports of the cylinder head. Therefore the air-fuel
mixture is drawn into the cylinder when the intake valve opens. During
strokes, other than intake stroke, the air-fuel mixture is kept
outside the intake valve."

This is one of the better factory manuals by far with lots of nice
graphs, correction factor descriptions etc.

If someone has an ftp site I can send some zipped tiff files to, then
I can take some scans - probably be about 10meg all up, let me know in
next 7 days or so if anyone wants them for the group to access, and no
I won't email them just to one person - so work something out if you
want them - I think they are worth looking at for refernce  :)

rdgs

Mike