[Diy_efi] eec-iv program questions

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Fri Aug 23 23:14:43 GMT 2002

Tom,

The EEC-IV binaries are all binary, no text or other real ASCII.  There
are some disassemblers around for that device.  I would suggest having a look
at a couple of sites:

EEC-IV mailing list message archives:

http://www.broncohq.com/EEC-Archive/threads.html

Tom Cloud's EEC-IV/ford website:

http://acc-electronics.com/cloud/tc_eec.htm

--Perry

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 08:25:17AM -0600, Heath, Tom wrote:
> I've looked into the eec tuning adapters (treecer), but they do not support
> my particular PCM directly.  I've done a little Basic programming, so I
> thought I would poke around at a sample program I found.
> I grabbed a HEX editor off the web, but I couldn't see anything in the
> sample file.  Apparently it's "Assembled", but I think I found a
> dis-assembler.
>
> If I do dis-assemble this program, What could I expect to see in Ascii text?
> I hope I could see groupings of numbers with some type of header or legend.
> Has anyone tried this, and are willing to help a hacker wanabe?
>
> Thanks
> Thom

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin