[Diy_efi] idle control strategy for SD systems w/o bypass air control?

Jerry Wills jswills at attbi.com
Mon Aug 26 03:16:44 GMT 2002

A lot of DIY and I suspect some aftermarket EFI systems have no
bypass air control. So how do you get a smooth idle at your
chosen RPM? I know, adjust the injector timing, But on what
do you base your decisions, and how fine grain do you need
to be, and what do you decide?

Two reasons I brought this up. One is purely self motivated,
as I have a motorcycle engine with ND (uncrackable) injection,
and I want to replace it without losing its great, always starts,
rain or shine, and very stable idle.
The other reason is that I sarched thru the archives and didn't
come up with much, yet it seems like a problem all DIYers will
face, and even those aftermarket folks as well.

let the laughing begin,

                        Jerry Wills