[Diy_efi] Fixed frequency PWM batch mode FI

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Mon Aug 26 14:41:51 GMT 2002

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 06:36:07 -0400 Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren at snet.net>
writes:
> With AFR constant PW is exactly proportional to torque or at least
> has been for the last 12 years I have done them..
> dave

That is true when the injection pulse is triggered by crank
rotation.  So number of (constant width) pulses increases
with rpm, at constant torque.

If you fix the pulse frequency, the above statements no
longer apply.  If rotation does not control how many pulses
occur, then rpm will have to be a multiplier in determining
pulse width.  This could be made to work, but I don't see
the advantage.

The method described by Ron is quite straight forward.

Bruce Roe