[Diy_efi] Intro, and q's about fuel economy

James jester at splorg.org
Mon Dec 16 01:36:17 GMT 2002

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Greg Hermann wrote:

> You are going to have a _difficult_ time finding a small enough injector to
> run digital !!

We have one, I am told.

> How big (displacement) is this one lung engine ?? How many rpm do you plan
> to turn it ??

Believe it or not, I haven't been able to find the displacement yet.  And
yes, that annoys me.

It's a 3.5 hp briggs and stratton lawnmower engine.  RPM will vary with
clutch engagment point and final gearing, but it's probably in the
neighborhood of 3-4k, maybe 5k but probably not.

-j