[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 22:58:38 GMT 2002

--- William Shurvinton <shurvinton at orange.net> wrote:

> The problem found here is that you cannot keep a
> constant coolant temp on the engine on a chassis
> dyno

A) Why not?
B) Isn't it better, if you are tuning for the real
world, to be able to discover any problems with
cooling on the machine itself, and if there are none,
to tune the engine for the conditions it will actually
see when installed in a vehicle?

> Even with a big fan you only have about 30 seconds
> at a load point before you have to cool off.

I'm not sure I understand that claim.  Would that not
also mean that you could only drive the vehicle for 30
seconds before having to shut it off?  Obviously that
is not the case.

> They must have made huge strides with the 4-gas kit.

I believe there are small improvements being made on a
constant basis, but the last 5 years or so has seen
substantial improvement, IME.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |