[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

Mos mos at sydney.net
Wed Dec 18 01:07:48 GMT 2002

Erik,

I'm talking about a centrifugal fan that's placed in front of the car for
that very purpose. The problem doesn't seem to be getting something to
blow hard enough, but actually getting that air through the radiator.
Perhaps if if one had ducting directly from the fan to the radiator, the
air would have no other place to go.

As mentioned in another post, dyno rooms with no real exhaust fans (you'd
need something with at least the same amount of airflow as the supply fan,
right?) wont promote movement of air out of the engine bay.

I'm intrigued as to what sort of temps one gets on a dyno - has anyone
logged a heap of temp probes in various conditions?

Mos.

--
84 AE86, 90 ST185GrpA, 91 MX83Gr, Sydney, Oz.