DIY WBO2 construction

Crescent Kao crescent at c-speedracing.com
Wed Jan 9 18:25:22 GMT 2002

------=_NextPart_000_021A_01C19870.35812620

Hello everyone,
  This is my first public email to everyone on this list. I would like =
to take this opportunity to thank all of you for providing a great =
resource for the DIY community. I've been following the WB02 for the =
past year or so and I've finally received and built the first kit from =
the last group buy. I'm looking forward to using it, however I have a =
few questions regarding the construction and certain parts that were =
specified on the parts list versus the parts that were actually sent to =
me.

I've attached a pic of the board I just finished (not sure if they will =
attach on the mailing list but you can view them here), my concern is =
the following:

http://www.c-speedracing.com/temppics/diy_wbo2/dsc00031.jpg
http://www.c-speedracing.com/temppics/diy_wbo2/dsc00032.jpg

 Item  Quantity  Reference                 Part           =20
------
    1       3    C1,C3,C4              10uf 25v=20
    2       2    C2,C8                   0.1uf 25v  =20
    3       1    C5                        25uf 25V =20
    4       2    C6,C16                 10uf 15V=20
    6       3    C9,C13,C14           0.1uf 12v
  15       1    D8                        LM385Z-1.2 =20

A.    You'll notice on the PCB that at C2,  0.1uf 25v disc was used =
(item 2), however at position C8,  0.1uf 12v was used (item 6). Only one =
(Item 2) 0.1uf 25v disc was sent to me, however four (item 6) 0.1uf 12v =
were sent but only 3 are specified from the parts list, so there was one =
left over which I assumed would be used to replace C8. Will this work? =
Or do I need replace C8 with a 0.1uf 25v unit?

B.    Item 3 is a 25uf 25v capacitor, however the one sent to me was a =
22uf 25v, can it be used it instead?

C.    Item 15 is a LM386Z-1.2 transistor, however, the one sent to me =
was a LM285Z-1.2, will that pose a problem?

D.    Position C1, C3, and C4 specify a 10uf 25v capacitor (item 1) =
however if you look at my photo, C3 and C4 are physically a different =
shape than C1 but they are 10uf 25v units also. C6 and C16 are suppose =
to be 10uf 15v capacitors, however i'm using 10uf 25v units instead =
(just like C1). The reason I did this is because the photo of the PCB on =
the DIY webpage shows that C3 and C4 are also physically different than =
C1 so I did the same with mine. I had three 10uf 25v cylindrical shaped =
peices and two 10uf 25v ball shaped pieces. Is this ok?

E.   U1 in my pic is shown with the metal heat sink side facing upwards, =
is that correct?

Thanks for your assistance.

Crescent Kao
Director of Marketing and Sales