Wiring length to WB Sensor

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Wed Jan 16 20:19:19 GMT 2002

The wires to the heater need to be heavy enough
to avoid much voltage drop.  If the voltage at the
sensor heater wires (Orange-Yellow) is 0.1 volt
lower than the voltage at J1-J2, its time to look
for heaver wires.

The other 5 wires have currents below 1/100 amp,
so wire gauge is not important.  However wires in
a very noisy (electriclly speaking) area could pick
up some noise.  I have been using shielded wire
for lengths over 10 feet, a bit conservative.  A really
long cable might cause instability in the servo loop,
but probably only with very high capacity cable and
hundreds of feet .

Bruce Roe