DIY-WB LED problem (KC-5300 display)

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Tue Jan 22 06:12:21 GMT 2002

Crescent Kao wrote:

> Also, Peter mentioned in another email to check if the Dimmer circuit it
> functioning correctly. Well as far as I can tell it is working. However from
> the brightest to the dimmest setting, the different isn't that much... and
> when VR1 is turned all the way down, the display instantly shut off and does
> not display anything. Not sure if that means anything.

Display Auto-dimming:

VR1 can only be adjust in when you are in a dimly lit room and you can place an
opaque object over the LDR (interestingly, fingers are not that opaque!). You will
be able to adjust VR1 so the display still glows dimly when the room is very dark.
And yes, the adjustment is fine. This is all explained in Silicon Chip's notes.

Peter.