on knock detecting with HIP9010

Marc Reibel marc at reibel-web.de
Wed Jan 23 08:55:02 GMT 2002

Bruce wrote:

> There is a thread here from several years ago explaining, that the original
> producer was bought out by a French firm and some related stuff.
>
> There's a basic flaw with acoustic sensors, and that is the assumption that
> only knock is of the frequency that the sensor is looking for.
> bruce

Ah, I've read that Harris Semiconductor bought Intersil, but on their
site
the HIP9010 is still available, also at Farnell and other distributors.
Maybe I'll go and ask them about future availability.

You're right about the flaws with acoustic measurement, but I think this
should be no problem at least for me ( 1.3l inline 4 ), because of the
second
sensor measuring the background noise.
My favourite knock detection by now is the ion-current-approach done by
Saab
and other companies. But I think that's too difficult for my Project.

Marc

--
Marc Reibel
Email   : marc at reibel-web.de, reibel at rhrk.uni-kl.de
ICQ-UIN : 42168505                Nick        : HMX