Play nice now... DIY-WB parts kit

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Jan 26 16:10:31 GMT 2002

Understand that "sour grapes" comes from a limited few who "play nice" being
used, hung out to dry, promised undelivered returns, & etc by others who "play
for greed."

Steve C has spent between $3k and $4k to buy parts from Digikey to supply to
folks he doesn't know with kits.  How much would you feel comfortable spending
for others?  Some listers know full well how little return comes from investing
time and/or money in online projects.  To these people, the outlay of cash
represents a very large risk and a very large potential for "sour grapes."  It
would be nice to prevent one more person from becoming bitter over a good
intention turned bad.

I cannot say that I don't understand the desire to get the parts to build the
board.  If I had a project which I felt _had_ to move forward, and the WB was a
key part of the progress, I'd buy the components separately to build it.  But
I'd leave my order with Steve C standing, and send in a check (this is an
important step in the ordering process), and when the kit arrived I'd save it
for another time.

If you are not in a hurry, and you do not need the WB parts now, please support
Steve's effort by ordering a WB parts kit from him.

Shannen