Building a Flow bench, was: Measuring air flow

TVS tkmvs at bigfoot.com
Mon Jan 28 19:38:16 GMT 2002

  On the subject of flow benches, I've built one using an orifice plate. My
first used a flap air flow meter but this gave a non linear output in
relation to the air flow. I'm also using a 1500W vacuum cleaner which is
sufficient for flow rates up to about 200CFMs corrected to 25" of water.....
ample for the average engine sizes in the UK ;-) At the moment I'm just
simply using two water manometers to measure the pressure drop across the
orifice plate and the test piece.... but this is also because I can't work
out how to wire up electronic pressure sensors (got two from Farnel). Toby

TKMVS at Bigfoot.com
http://www.kmvs.freeserve.co.uk/index.html
ICQ 122059845