[Diy_efi] NTK Controller

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Wed Jul 10 21:26:48 GMT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:13:51 -0700, Garfield Willis <garwillis at msn.com>
wrote:

>>Does anyone know where I could purchase a NTK O2 controller and sensor =
?

Dayamn, Doug, I forgot one other caveat. NTK has three models of their
'blue-box', a model A, model C, and model D (model B is obsoleted).

Model A is "lean, rich" and covers from 10-30AFR, but since the output
isn't linearized, the resolution on the rich side isn't very good. Only
1V differential from 10AFR to stoich. Not the best choice for
automotive.

Model C is only for lean-side measurements, stoich to 50+AFR so you
definitely DON'T want that one. This is the one used by furnace tuners,
which always operate with excess O2. :)  No joke.

Model D is "rich", but it does go up well past stoich to 16AFR, and this
model gives you the best resolution on the most important rich side.
This model D also gives you a hefty 3V differential between 10AFR and
stoich, and is the one they sell most to proformance users. But they
won't tell you that; they assume you know what to pick.

All the different models use their same 'custom' sensor, and are all the
same price, so do get the right one for you needs, if you so choose.

HTH,
Gar