[Diy_efi] Info on how to make crank position sensor circuit?

David Gravereaux davygrvy at pobox.com
Thu Jun 6 12:56:58 GMT 2002

bcroe at juno.com wrote:

>If I wanted to resolve between teeth, I would keep track of the
>time between the last 2 teeth passing.

hmm, The integration could be achieved by keeping a weighted history of
previous times and averaging them.  The larger the history, the more
filtering..  The weighting can effect the slew and be speed based..  Ok,
I'm picturing it now.

>  I would divide the time
>since the last tooth by the time between 2 teeth to find out how
>far past the last tooth I am.

I'd have to infer when as it'll be between tooth events.  But I could
interrupt on the prior and just do a dumb wait to fill it in...

>Phase locked loops are a tricky business, esp for widely
>varing frequencies.  Bruce Roe

Yeah, he math on the loop filter is pretty touchy.
Thanks Bruce.
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy at pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway,alpha sector]