[Diy_efi] Info on how to make crank position sensor circuit?

Tomas Sokorai Sch. tsokorai at xperts.cl
Thu Jun 6 13:38:24 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 13:47, Perry Harrington wrote:
> You can observe the sensitivity of the circuit easily.  With the 10M every
> crossing of the VRS sensor would cause the opamp to flip-flop.  This
> is handy for detecting very slow crossings, however it also makes it prone
> to noise.

I guess that's why many are using HALL switches instead of VRS; they really
can cope with a zero speed tooth. And the capacity to get a nice square
output makes them very easy to use.
Sadly the hall switch that I'm playing with is VERY insensitive, so it
requires a mega magnet to trigger it, and I've been unable to use it as a
tooth sensor.... :(
So I guess a differential hall switch IS required after all if you want to use
it as a CPS.

Tomas