[Diy_efi] Use 02 sensor on motorcycle?

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Thu Jun 6 23:26:03 GMT 2002

As Brian says, (with 40 watts available) "I bet you could find
a suitable regulator".  Feel free to investigate what sort of
low dropout or switching solutions are out there.  But
before we buy that cart, lets find out what power the horse
er, motorcycle, has available.

Your first problem with no battery is that there are probably
dropout spikes between alternator output pulses.  So run
the capacitor experiment (with and without lights on) to
see what we have after bridging the spikes with energy
reserve.  If you see 14 V lights on/off, we are home free.  If
lower or a lot higher, we start working on the cart.  12V
means we will need a different regulator than stock.  My
WB can work on 11.5 V without a switcher.

+ to + means the + output wire must be connected to the
+ terminal on the 10,000 ufd cap; the - output wire (might
be ground) must tie to the cap - terminal.

Bruce Roe