[Diy_efi] Ignition Pickup

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Fri Jun 7 08:41:23 GMT 2002

Have a look at the MegaSquirt schematics:

http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

--Perry

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 09:05:32AM +0100, marko.cosic wrote:
> > If I were doing it, I would try an optocoupler.  Use
> > a large enough series resistor on the transmitter side to ensure that
> > you don't fry the diode.
>
> How big a series resistor would this need?
>
> > Or, try a comparator with a resistive divider
> > network to attenuate the primary ignition signal by like 10:1.
>
> Primary - the LT side of the coil, not the main spark?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marko

Perry Harrington             Linux rules all OSes.               DAI         ()
perry at dainst dot com 			                 Think Blue. /\

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin