[Diy_efi] a/f ratio

elcamino73 elcamino73 at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 12 10:54:15 GMT 2002

Last year there was a thread pertaining to A/F ratio and advance curves for
tuning. I reviewed them and have questions regarding a F.A.S.T. EFI
system I'm setting up for my 407 Chevy.(with WB O2 and knock sensor options)
I'm interested in what opinions would be on initial start up A/F ratio table
as well as a table to use as a target for best power. I'd also like to hear
methods on reading where the tune is. I do not have access to a chassis dyno
or an EGT gauge. I might consider the EGT if it can be installed without
destroying my expensive heads or headers.

I would be curious to see what opinions would be for ignition advance tables
as well.

The car is together so opinions on the parts combo will fall on deaf ears.

The set up is in a 73 elcamino that weighs 4400 lbs.The engine is a 400
small block bored .030 over with a 3.75 steel crank, splayed four bolt
mains, 6"rods, JE reverse dome -28cc pistons, AFR aluminum 195cc heads with
64 cc chambers, a squish of .038, compression ratio of 9.5:1, mech roller
cam with duration of 224/236 lift of 503/521 separation of 114, full roller
rockers, 27" shorty headers with dump offs for racing, 2-1/4 pipes and 4
straight thru mufflers, single plane Accel EFI manifold, four barrel 1000
CFM throttle body, large intercooler, ATI D-1 supercharger doing 15 PSI of
boost, water injection, 700R4 trans with all the best hard parts, 2600 stall
10" converter,3.90 gears.