[Diy_efi] Geo Storm ECU revisited

Bobby Riggs bobbyriggs at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 16:52:28 GMT 2002

Good morning,

   I have searched high and low and can find
LITTLE info about these ECU's.  I know there was
a guy with a Aircraft project using one, and
someone on this list wanting to use one.  I now
have 2 of them, one '90 Storm 12-Valve (4cyl,
SOHC?), and a '92 same engine.  I know they do
not have a traditional EPROM  (27C)  instead they
use large square (QFP?) packages.  I would like
help programming this or building a interface for
my programmer to hook up to.

 Most companies that use this ECU (for Turbo VW
use) simply put a pot on the MAP sensor input,
and on the TPS and label it LOW and HI. Some have
4 knobs but, I'm not sure where they tie in at.
Would this be enough for tuning a NA 2.0L Type 4
VW  engine?  I would like to turbo it soom as
funding allows, can I just stick a 2 bar MAP on
it, or does it need programming also?  Thanks for
any help you guys can provide!!
-Bobby