[Diy_efi] OT, and probably an abuse of resources, but....

Jon V jon at valesh.com
Wed Jun 12 17:21:18 GMT 2002

Hello,

If this email was coming from anyone else, I'd probably delete it... but
I have the server passwords and can approve the message before any
moderator has a chance to yank it, so here you go:

A Help Wanted Post
 by Jon Valesh,
 Director of Engineering,
 A small SoCal company that shall for the time remain nameless.

I am looking for a well rounded "technical type" AKA troubleshooter/C++
programmer/Linux Nut/Win32 programmer -- or someone who could become such
a person -- for a full time job in Southern California. I'm not being more
specific because the guy/gal I'm looking for would ideally know all that
and more. We are a small company (less than 20 employees), and everyone
must be pretty flexible. One day you may be helping to troubleshoot
hardware or low level communications protocols or a 3rd party COM object,
and the next day designing a user interface or talking with the president
of the company about golf. The job is primarily "software engineering", so
troubleshooting/diagnostics, coding, software architecture, etcetera are
of primary importance.

You must have good or better English language skills, written and verbal.
Our company culture is relaxed, but we tend towards good natured argument
as a problem solving and design review tool. So if you get tense at the
least appearance of disagreement this is probably not the place for you.
And if the idea of someone saying you're wrong, or making you defend a
statement you make in a meeting, is offensive...we are definitely not the
company for you. If a good argument is just the thing to get the brain
juices flowing, we agree.

We do nothing related to cars/engines, so even though I'm posting on an
EFI mailing list I'm not really looking for EFI skills. Our products are
high-end embedded systems, though, and so reliability, fault tolerance,
and remote diagnostics are very important to us.

I believe enthusiasm, talent, brains, experience, and a love of technology
mean more than anything else when it comes to doing techy work in the real
world, so I won't list any requirements for degrees or certification. But
demonstrating talent, brains, and all those other virtues can be rather
difficult, so if you've got a sheet of paper is surely won't harm you. :)

This is an immediate opening. If you (or your brother, cousin, husband,
girlfriend, neighbor, pastor, grandfather, student, daughter, or anyone
else you think is really swift) are in the Southern California (Orange
County or outlying regions) area and could be a match for the job
described, I would love to talk to you (or them).  Send me an email and
we'll swap a few lies. If that sounds good we'll go from there.

Thanks,

--
Jon