[Diy_efi] WB O2 system

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at webmail1.mtco.com
Thu Jun 13 16:55:39 GMT 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:03:09 -0700, Garfield Willis <garwillis at msn.com>
wrote :

>    But that curve assumes a
> particular fuel. Just because you're given such a curve in 'lambda vrs.
> sensor output' form, doesn't mean it applies to anything BUT petrol. The
> curve on the rich side will be different for each different fuel.
> Especially when dealing with fuels containing their own oxygenates, like
> the alcohols or nitro, the differences can be *very* pronounced.
>
> Hope that clears things up a bit, about measuring AFRs -or- Lambda's
> with fuels other than straight petrol.

Thanks for the straight scoop, Gar. For us DIYers, how far off are our home
groan (pun intended) meters when running on 10% alcohol (gasahol) here in
the midwest???  Any rough estimates or guesses as to correction factors or
rules of thumb that you can share??  How about Amoco 93 octane premium?

Thanks  TomS