[Diy_efi] DIY-WBO2 circuit improvement suggestion

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 24 02:22:20 GMT 2002

md4etal tapped away at the keyboard with:

> piezoelectric effect???

If the heater's driven by PWM, that's electrically nowhere near a
piezo element.

If the vibration is severe enough, you may however be able to detect
it at the sensor's other terminals.

May have been exciting it near a resonant frequency. If the heater
is a winding (as I presume it is), then the possibility of
induced magnetic effects can result in vibration of the sensor's
outer shell. i.e. it becomes a "speaker"

Vibration and shock specifications are available for some of the
Bosch sensors. The exhaust manifold isn't exactly vibration-free.