[Diy_efi] Line Lock

Crescent Kao crescent at c-speedracing.com
Mon Jun 24 02:31:57 GMT 2002

Hey Guys,
  Looking from some tech advice here on Line Locks/ Roll control. I
purchased a line lock from Hurst (Roll control unit) and the installation is
rather simple. On Ford/Chevy's etc, you simply place the Line lock valve in
series with the brake line feeding the front brakes. This is done on the
brake line coming from the master cylinder (the one closest to the firewall)
and going into the ABS unit. Simple enough.
  However, on the vehicle we plan to install this on, the ABS system is an
front/rear alternating setup. Unlike the Ford/Chevy's where the front wheels
are tied to one ABS 'circuit' and the rears are tied together on another
'circuit', the vehicle we're working on has the front left and the rear
right tied to one 'circuit' and the front right and left rear, tied to
another.
  Thus, if we were to splice the roll control solenoid valve on either of
the two lines exiting the master cylinder, we'd be in effect, locking 1
front and 1 rear wheel when the line lock is activated.
  There are few options that we though of that we can do to get around this
and still retain the factory ABS system. First would be to simply get TWO
line lock solenoid valves, and splice one on each of the 2 wheels. One valve
on each brake line exiting the ABS unit.

- OR -

We can simply "reroute" the brake lines that exit the ABS unit. Meaning,
swap 2 of the lines exiting the ABS unit so that the two 'circuits' of the
ABS unit will no longer be controlling 1 rear and 1 front wheel. Then to
keep the abs functional, we'd similarily swap the ABS sensor wires going to
the ABS brain so they read the correct sensor for the rerouted ABS brake
lines.

What do you guys think? Thanks for any input.

Crescent Kao
Director of Marketing and Sales
www.c-speedracing.com