[Diy_efi] tiny injection

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 24 21:31:10 GMT 2002

Well, I'm still a "Newbie" as far as battlebots goes, but yes I believe it
has been tried, to a degree. You have to maintain radio contact with the
"robot" and there are some very strict rules regarding the radio system. You
have to be able to demonstrate control of the "bot" but letting onboard
logic run things during a fight is allowed, you just have to be able to
override it. At this point autonimous control is not practical.
My bot will have several onboard microcontrollers to run the systems, but I
will drive it myself. One area I can see some autonimous control being
beneficial would be a tracking system to align a weapon (like a hammer on a
turret)with the oponent. So far I have not seen anybody get this right, yet.
If all goes well I may be able to compete in the November competition, but
More likely I'll have to wait untill next May(they compete twice a year at
Battlebots).
Marvin Fugate

From: "Santi Udomkesmalee" <scathontiphat at hotmail.com>