[Diy_efi] Which ECM?- Coolant temp

AnalogWz at aol.com AnalogWz at aol.com
Sat Jun 29 15:30:29 GMT 2002

--part1_3b.28b39994.2a4f2cde_boundary

Low coolant temp probably means that the engines coolant passages have a film
of scale, rust, oil, etc., covering them and increasing the thermal
resistance (1/8 " of scale has the same heat insulation as 3" of steel!) The
coolant stays cool while the engine overheats! I just saw this in a corvette;
Cleaning the cooling system raised the temp 35F.
Jim

--part1_3b.28b39994.2a4f2cde_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Low coolant temp probably means that the engines coolant passages have a film of scale, rust, oil, etc., covering them and increasing the thermal resistance (1/8 " of scale has the same heat insulation as 3" of steel!) The coolant stays cool while the engine overheats! I just saw this in a corvette; Cleaning the cooling system raised the temp 35F.<BR>
Jim</FONT></HTML>

--part1_3b.28b39994.2a4f2cde_boundary--